Welcome! I’m so glad you’re here!
I’m Melissa – wife, mom, musician, saved by Grace. I love “modern vintage cottage” style, thrifting, and a good DIY project. Oh, and I love just about anything blue & white too!
A few fun facts:
- I am married to a wonderful Christian man who is an electrical engineer and quite the handyman. He has all the skills I don’t possess (like math), and he never ceases to amaze me with his abilities and work ethic.
- I am a stay-at-home mom to an energetic little boy and a sweet toddler girl. We have another little girl due this October! Life is a bit busy these days!
- I am a professional church musician – I play the piano and organ and have dabbled in harpsichord.
- Although I no longer have a full time church job, I still play semi-frequently at two churches.
- We picked out our first house shortly before we got married. My husband bought it; right after our wedding I moved in and we immediately got started on updates and projects! Here’s more on the story of how we found our house.
- Our first major house project was not what we had in mind!
- This blog exists mainly as a creative outlet and a place to share my projects and ideas so that they just might help someone else looking for some inspiration or tips.
- I love thrifting – most of our furniture and decor has been found at thrift stores.
- Ironstone and anything blue & white are my favorites!
- I believe that creating a home you love is possible wherever you live.
My hope is that this blog inspires you to try new projects, learn new skills, and create a home you love!
If you have a question about one of the projects on this site, please feel free to contact me through one of the social media links at the bottom of the page or leave a comment and I’ll help if I can!
Follow Along with Hymns & Home!
Get decor inspiration, diy projects, and home tips delivered right to your inbox!