Welcome! I’m so glad you’re here!
I’m Melissa – wife, mom, musician, saved by Grace. I love all things vintage, thrifted, and cottage-farmhouse style. Oh, and I love just about anything blue & white too!
A few fun facts:
- I am married to a wonderful Christian man who is an electrical engineer and quite the handyman. He has all the skills I don’t possess (like math), and he never ceases to amaze me with his abilities and work ethic.
- I am a stay-at-home mom to an energetic little boy and a sweet toddler girl. Life is a bit busy these days!
- I am a professional church musician – I play the piano and organ and have dabbled in harpsichord.
- Although I no longer have a full time church job, I still play semi-frequently at two churches.
- We picked out our first house shortly before we got married. My husband bought it; right after our wedding I moved in and we immediately got started on updates and projects! Here’s more on the story of how we found our house.
- Our first major house project was not what we had in mind!
- This blog exists mainly as a creative outlet and a place to share my projects and ideas
so that my husband doesn’t have to hear about them all the timeso that they just might help someone else looking for some inspiration or tips.
- The Oxford comma will always have a special place in my heart. ❤
- I believe that creating a home you love is possible even if you don’t have a house that inherently oozes charm from every pore.
My hope is that this site inspires you to try new projects and learn new skills!
If you have a question about one of the projects on this site, please feel free to contact me through one of the social media links at the bottom of the page or leave a comment and I’ll help if I can!
Follow Along with Hymns & Home!
Receive blog updates plus special features only for subscribers!