Welcome! I’m so glad you’re here!
I’m Melissa – wife, mom, Christian, musician, and lover of DIY projects, rummage sales, and vintage. Oh, and I love coffee and chocolate, too!
A few fun facts:
- I am married to a wonderful Christian man who is an electrical engineer and quite the handyman. He has all the skills I don’t possess (like math), and he never ceases to amaze me with his abilities and work ethic.
- I am a stay-at-home mom to an energetic toddler boy (redundant much?) and a sweet baby girl. Life is a bit busy these days!
- I am a professional church musician – I play the piano and organ and have dabbled in harpsichord.
- Although I no longer have a full time church job, I still play semi-frequently at two churches.
- We picked out our first house shortly before we got married. My husband bought it; right after our wedding I moved in and we immediately got started on updates and projects! Here’s more on the story of how we found our house.
- Our first major house project was not what we had in mind!
- This blog exists mainly as a creative outlet and a place to share my projects and ideas
so that my husband doesn’t have to hear about them all the timeso that they just might help someone else looking for some inspiration or tips.
- All of my projects are done in 15 – 60 minute increments, usually during the kids’ naptime or after they are in bed.
- The Oxford comma will always have a special place in my heart. ❤
- I believe that creating a home you love is possible even if you don’t have a house that inherently oozes charm from every pore.
My hope is that this site inspires you to try new projects and learn new skills!
If you have a question about one of the projects on this site, please feel free to contact me through one of the social media links at the bottom of the page or leave a comment and I’ll help if I can!
Subscribe to Hymns & Home
Thanks so much for subscribing!
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn't process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.